What is skin micro needling?
The procedure involves a form of specialised device it may be a manual roller, derma pen or a derma stamp. Using micro needles which are rolled or stamped over the skin to create micro pores, creating a production of new cells, allowing the stimulation of new collagen production. As well as collagen production, it is used for a variety of body treatments.
What can it treat?
It can help and treat:
- Fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin
- Scar tissue
- Hair loss
- Stretch marks
What can I expect during treatment?
Although it sounds painful it is relatively painless as we apply a topical numbing cream prior to treatment. Once the micro pores are open we apply vitamins, amino acids and serums to penetrate deep into the layers of the skin. There will be some slight tenderness, redness and heat after treatment, this is normal and usually subsides after a few hours.
Effects after treatment
Immediately your skin should feel tighter, there will be dry skin as dead skin cells are shed and you will start seeing the effects of the treatment after 4 weeks as the production of the new collagen comes to the surface.
There are certain precautions you must take after this treatment. These precautions include, but are not limited to:
- To avoid touching the treated area
- To avoid all types of skin-care products until the redness has subsided.
- To avoid all kinds of make-up
- To avoid exposure to sunlight and UV emitting items
- To avoid all kinds of tan
- To avoid intense exercise
- To avoid hot baths and showers for 24 hours